[UCIMC-Tech] Finance computer state

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 16:31:45 CDT 2010

Hi Joy,

It's good that Jason got a backup of the Quickbooks files. I haven't had
much luck getting a good clone of the finance computer's disk. I'm still
working on it, though, and I haven't tried everything yet.

We should start ordering the necessary software immediately. What I'm
hearing we need is a copy of Windows, QuickBooks, and MS Office.

Windows 7 Pro: $257.54

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-FQC-00129-Windows-7-Professional/dp/B002DHLVII/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1279401727&sr=8-2

QuickBooks from TechSoup: $45 for 1 license or $99 for 3 licenses

MS Office Standard 2010 from TechSoup: $24

The finance computer meets the minimum RAM requirements for Windows 7
Pro. I'm not sure if it's possible to upgrade yet.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
Brian