[UCIMC-Tech] Joy -- Connecting Remotely

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:49:53 CDT 2010

Hi Joy, unfortunately the VPN software that you need to use to remotely
log in to the finance computer still needs more testing.

It has not worked on my virtualized Windows machine, and last week Joe
Futrelle installed it on his Windows laptop and it caused his wireless
interface to stop working. He got it fixed, but it was unpleasant.

I'm planning on getting a real Windows machine set up where I live to
test this, but I don't have one ready to go and I just moved, so things
are still ashambles.

I would not recommend installing the software on your laptop right now.
I wish I had something better to report. :/ I'll keep you posted.

Brian

On 6/30/10 8:40 AM, JOY wrote:
> Hi Ya'll,
>
> Do we have an estimated time that remote access to QB will be
> functioning? My time in the finance office is very limited and I've put
> folks off about as long as I can. Soon they are going to complain
> (loudly, I might add) about not receiving reports, questions about
> payments, etc that they are requesting. If I have the correct tools at
> my disposal, I can be very efficient. Otherwise, not so much...
>
> Thanks!
> Joy
>
> On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 9:26 AM, JOY <imcbooks at gmail.com
> <mailto:imcbooks at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Guys,
>
>     I was wondering if we could move forward with me connecting
>     remotely. I have several projects on my plate now that require
>     access to QB but don't always have the time to work on them in the
>     finance office. I know, I know... I'm always wanting something!
>
>     Let me know,
>     Joy
>
>     --
>     Joy Davis