[UCIMC-Tech] coming tech changes to site calendar

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 07:56:42 CDT 2010

Thanks Chris.  We would like to display BTP calendar info. Here are our two
ical feeds:

*BTP Public Volunteer Sessions & General Events*
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/an478j97h17iptd9k8iliml4nk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

*BTP Jail Library Schedule*
http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/oov7us6is1792rnc7bu4n9vrr4@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
<http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/an478j97h17iptd9k8iliml4nk@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics>
Thanks,
Jay

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Chris Ritzo <chris.ritzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Following on some of the tech announcements we had at last steering, the
> Tech group is moving forward with some changes to the event calendar on the
> main site.
>
> These changes include:
> - moving from WebEasel to a true date-based calendar, built into the
> website.
> - abilitiy to propose an event in specific locations, specify an event
> type, associate an event with a particular working group, require event
> contact information, include a picture in an event, & more
> - site visitors viewing the calendar will be able to filter events by event
> type, location, working group, etc. as well.
> - provide ical feeds of the calendar to other calendars, and feasilbly be
> able to consume ical feeds from those calendars also
>
> Currently the shows work group approves events, so a group role will be
> created on the main website which has admin access to approve events.
>
> If spokes have comments or discussion on this change, or have suggestions
> for additional features please let the tech group know either in reply or at
> imc-tech at ucimc.org
>
> -CR

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.