[UCIMC-Tech] [IMC] coming tech changes to site calendar

Edwin Hawkes oltime1 at att.net
Thu Mar 18 08:18:13 CDT 2010

We might want to talk about Shows role in approving events. We are happy
to continue approving events for all the spaces, but if people think
that someone else should do the library, family room, production, or any
space that doesn't include the main space or sun room, we could probably
see our way to let someone else do that. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ed

Chris Ritzo wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Following on some of the tech announcements we had at last steering,
> the Tech group is moving forward with some changes to the event
> calendar on the main site.
>
> These changes include:
> - moving from WebEasel to a true date-based calendar, built into the
> website.
> - abilitiy to propose an event in specific locations, specify an event
> type, associate an event with a particular working group, require
> event contact information, include a picture in an event, & more
> - site visitors viewing the calendar will be able to filter events by
> event type, location, working group, etc. as well.
> - provide ical feeds of the calendar to other calendars, and feasilbly
> be able to consume ical feeds from those calendars also
>
> Currently the shows work group approves events, so a group role will
> be created on the main website which has admin access to approve events.
>
> If spokes have comments or discussion on this change, or have
> suggestions for additional features please let the tech group know
> either in reply or at imc-tech at ucimc.org <mailto:imc-tech at ucimc.org>
>
> -CR

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.