[UCIMC-Tech] [IMC] coming tech changes to site calendar

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 22 21:41:42 CDT 2010

One thing we need to keep in mind is that income from the Family Room
helps support the building. We're still struggling to come up with ways
to do that. Meetings and events that use the Family Room should make
some contribution to supporting the IMC, which is a very important
reason why they should be accounted for on the calendar.

I am not adverse to any particular group managing the Family Room, but
they need to be conscious of the fact that the calendar is not just
about coordination of use, but reminding those using the facility to
contribute to its support. I am really appreciative of the efforts that
Shows has made in making better utilization of first floor areas. That's
brought us closer to breaking even, as have recent other efforts. Doing
the same thing with utilization of the Family Room needs to be part of
this, because we're still not yet out of the water financially.
Mike Lehman

believed to be clean.