[UCIMC-Tech] [Imc-bookkeeper] the Dell printer

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:17:18 CDT 2011

Tech is not interested in the printer. Also, Brian informed me that Finance
replaced the program director's monitor and that the old CRT was taken to
the Makerspace without informing us. I've asked Brian to bring it back
upstairs.

Tech will help other groups find appropriate means of recycling
non-functioning, or upgraded equipment. A prime example is when Jay Schubert
& I hauled all the old crap out of room 26 when there was a recycling event
on campus.

What we won't do is be every group's storage dumping ground for equipment
you feel isn't working or needs replaced. Taking the monitor to Makerspace
without telling anyone is a good example of this. This type of thing can
easily take over Tech's time. Time we could be spending working on the
really awesome stuff that is getting mentioned by our board members at a
national level. We are not the IMC's electronics recycler.

I'd like to suggest that the finance sub-group which deals with building
space issues designate a place for non-functioning computer equipment that
needs to be recycled by all working groups and issue communications about
that so that folks know what to do with it. Maybe that's room 26. When a
recycling opportunity presents itself, tech will pitch in to help, but it
should probably be coordinated with the building manager.

Chris