[UCIMC-Tech] [Imc-bookkeeper] the Dell printer

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Fri Apr 15 10:20:30 CDT 2011

I'm not disagreeing with anything Chris is saying, but I am going to ask
that we try to be careful about the generalized term "Finance," as in "Brian
informed me that Finance replaced ... " which is a generalization
implicating *me *and Mike Lehman and Durl and whole bunch of other people
who didn't know anything about this. Let's be more specific about *who is
doing what *if we can.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:17 AM, Chris Ritzo <chris.ritzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tech is not interested in the printer. Also, Brian informed me that Finance
> replaced the program director's monitor and that the old CRT was taken to
> the Makerspace without informing us. I've asked Brian to bring it back
> upstairs.
>
> Tech will help other groups find appropriate means of recycling
> non-functioning, or upgraded equipment. A prime example is when Jay Schubert
> & I hauled all the old crap out of room 26 when there was a recycling event
> on campus.
>
> What we won't do is be every group's storage dumping ground for equipment
> you feel isn't working or needs replaced. Taking the monitor to Makerspace
> without telling anyone is a good example of this. This type of thing can
> easily take over Tech's time. Time we could be spending working on the
> really awesome stuff that is getting mentioned by our board members at a
> national level. We are not the IMC's electronics recycler.
>
> I'd like to suggest that the finance sub-group which deals with building
> space issues designate a place for non-functioning computer equipment that
> needs to be recycled by all working groups and issue communications about
> that so that folks know what to do with it. Maybe that's room 26. When a
> recycling opportunity presents itself, tech will pitch in to help, but it
> should probably be coordinated with the building manager.
>
> Chris
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net>wrote:
>
>>  I kind of think it's just good for a boat anchor -- and the IMC doesn't
>> own a boat, yet.
>>
>> I'm cc-ing this to Tech in case they have an interest in it (or Makerspace
>> maybe?) for parts. etc.
>>
>> Otherwise, recycle it once Tech has had a chance to weigh in.
>> Mike
>>
>> On 4/15/2011 9:53 AM, leon mcgee wrote:
>>
>> Kristina had brought this up to me, and I was wondering the same thing,
>> that if the dell printer is no longer staying with us, do we recycle it,
>> give to tech to use for parts, have it star in Office Space 2 Revenge of The
>> Printer?
>> --
>> Building Coordinator
>> Leon McGee