[UCIMC-Tech] Captchas MIA

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 29 10:29:28 CDT 2011

After some poking around...

Still no captchas on my usual machine, even after several reboots. On my
laptop, captchas are there. Both machines are running XP SP3 and the
latest version of Firefox (4.0), so not sure why they just went MIA on
the one.

And the captchas seem to be there for others, as we've had some of the
usual spam and one legitimate post since I first noticed the problem.

This seemed superficially similar to the issue we've had several times
lately where someone accidentally turned captchas off. Chris indicated
that he'd reset that the last time it happened and remove it from the
editor's menu so it couldn't happen again. However, that doesn't seem to
be the case here, as I can get captchas on my alternate machine.

I realize that this may just be my problem, but wanted to document it in
case someone else runs into the same issue. I made no changes in
settings AFAIK before this happened.
Mike