[UCIMC-Tech] Automation computer system memory low

Kristina Williams kristinawho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:27:40 CST 2011

Hello all,

The C drive on the Automation computer is running out of memory.  Give or
take, there are about 100MB left. It's a System Partition, and there are two
other local drives.  I'm unsure what the D drive is used for (it's not the
CD/DVD drive) and we keep all our WRFU material (shows, IDs, playlists,
etc.) on the G drive (which has plenty of space by the way).

This may be (almost definitely) playing a role in the random shutting down
of the computer from time to time, causing us to go off the air, and
interfere with our FCC airtime commitment.  Most recently this happened over
the weekend, as both Carl and Don pointed out, and caused much
disappointment with some of our dedicated weekly listeners.  This needs to
be addressed very soon.  Please email me if you know how space on the
Automation computer is configured, and ideas for solving this problem.

--
Kristina Williams, News Media Coordinator
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://ucimc.org>

Member of AmeriCorps <http://www.americorps.gov/>