[UCIMC-Tech] CiviCRM

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Thu Jan 13 12:54:01 CST 2011

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your thoughts. This is a lot more complicated than I'd like it to
be.

I definitely understand your desire for "structural correctness." It's
actually the same desire that caused my desire to clarify the IMC/RFU
relationship. Quick membership story: When I got to the IMC, RFU memberships
were $25 and (required, but un-enforced) IMC memberships were $50. As a
consequence of the separation, as well as the failure of RFU leadership to
articulate the necessity of IMC memberships, many RFU members were paying
the IMC $0 dollars, creating a kind of fundraising loophole for the RFU,
where they could bring in the dough without having to shell out to its
parent organization (i.e. the IMC).

So I combined the two, since RFU is still technically a working group of the
IMC and thus IMC members. So now folks pay $75 for an RFU/IMC membership.
This is helpful in certain ways, but obviously creates somewhat of a
shitshow for those of us devoted to representing "structural correctness."

I'm not sure what to do next. Let me keep thinking. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Austin