[UCIMC-Tech] Request to Subscribe to the IMC List

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 15 11:34:16 CDT 2011

I received a subscription request to the IMC list from this person:
/Amani
amayad90 at yahoo.com

Does anyone know this person in order to validate their request?
Mike

PS I've long administered the IMC list, among others (anyone want some
lists to admin :-) ?), but neither I nor anyone else in the IMC can
really keep up with who's who and who's new. I wonder if it would be
possible to add a comment box to the mail program subscription request
so that a new person can add a comment about why they are asking to
subscribe?

Obviously, this is only necessary for those lists where sub requests
must be approved, like the IMC and IMC-Finance lists, but could be a
useful tool if applied across the lists even where it could be an
optional field. Not sure if Mailman supports this or not, but maybe Tech
knows?/
//