[UCIMC-Tech] Print production equipment/use

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 18:20:12 CST 2011

I can't speak directly for RFU, but a couple of notes below.
Mike Lehman

On 3/10/2011 3:49 PM, Bob Illyes wrote:
> SNIP
>
> 3) The RFU equipment should stay in the room rather than  being moved
> out, as some have proposed. It is not in the way at current room usage
> levels. I anticipate that ultimately RFU off-air program production
> will use the room and studio heavily. I would like to see this usage
> drive RFU decisions regarding their production room equipment.
The idea for moving RFU equipment out was largely driven by the need for
quiet in the Production room. The current EAS system requires a
dot-matrix printer that will always be noisy. Most likely, WRFU will be
forced by revised EAS requirements to buy a new EAS system. If so, the
printer for the new EAS system is most unlikely to be the ancient
technology printer the current system requires. At one time, the plan
was to build a cabinent right outside the Production room door where the
blue tape outlines the location on the floor. Don't know the current
status of other RFU uses or other needs, but a EAS printer is a
requirement that won't go away, regardless of the printer.