[UCIMC-Tech] network upgrade & rfu computers in production room

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 11:24:09 CDT 2011

Hey Chris,

There are five WRFU network devices that I'm aware of. Two are in the
studio and three are in the production room.

There is a computer in the studio as well as the WRFU access point.

In the production room, there's the automation computer, jimbo, the
recorder, grimlock, and the editing machine, rosa. Those are the three
that are physically right next to each other, connected to the USB KVM
on the brown folding table on the West side of the production room.

Grimlock and the access point are the only ones that require Internet
access 24/7. The others depend on network access when being used.

There's an EAS dot matrix printer that's also on the brown folding
table. It prints emergency messages. I'm not quite sure where it gets
its data from. Kristina, Mike, does this device use an Internet connection?

Brian

On 9/10/11 12:08 PM, Chris Ritzo wrote:
> Hello rfu members.
>
> IMC Tech is preparing to put in a managed switch in the production room
> area to provide better network segmentation.
>
> I need someone from wrfu with knowledge of your computers in the
> production room area and what network access they have/need to contact
> me as soon as possible. I need your consultation on what these machines
> are and assistance documenting that for the general building network
> infrastructure.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Ritzo
> 217-369-6399