[UCIMC-Tech] IMC Telephone system in the basement

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:54:55 CDT 2011

Hi Jay & Phil,
The last effort I put in on this was to track down & document the IMCs phone
service and to test lines to the room. We have Comcast business with digital
voice and I believe there are two lines usable from the cable modem.

Our next steps would be to look at setting up some sort of free PBX computer
such as Asterix http://www.asterisk.org/

which would allow us to add functions like voice mail, extensions for
different working groups, etc.

this is the direction we'd like to go in, and if you are interested in
helping Phil, let's talk more.

-Chris