[UCIMC-Tech] UC-IMC mail server access

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 13:32:18 CDT 2011

Mike,
While setting these passwords, I thought of a way we can share these
passwords between admins until some other solution is put into place.
Documenting on the IMC wiki.

I've made a page on the Finance wiki section as an example:
http://wiki.ucimc.org/bin/view/Finance/ListeservInformation

Wiki topics can be restricted to be only viewable by folks in the group, and
the login and password to acecss the wiki is provided by our central account
service at http://accounts.chambana.net

So in theory, as long as current list admins maintain access to their
central chambana.net account, and the group documents the shared admin
and/or moderator passwords on the group's wiki pages, multiple admins can
share the responsibility of admining the lists.

This is a proposed solution of course, & groups should do what works best
for them.

Chris