[UCIMC-Tech] Phone Ringer Flasher Cross-Wired

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 15:27:26 UTC 2012

Hi Stewart.

I've confirmed by calling the WRFU phone number that the phone in the
studio is wired to the right line. I'm pleased to hear that the flasher is
working. The only remaining task is to connect it to the board so that
calls can be routed into a program's audio.

The IMC has two lines, and one rolls over to the other. So if someone calls
the IMC line (344-8820) and it is busy or there is no answer, the WRFU line
will ring. Additionally, the IMC uses this line as a fax number when
needed.  There will continue to be issues like this arise since it's really
a shared line, not dedicated to WRFU.

I'll double check that everything is connected correctly this Saturday.

The best solution long term is for WRFU to pay for it's own phone line,
which would be a monthly charge under Comcast of about $45 per month. When
we move to UC2B, the cost may be lower.

Chris