[UCIMC-Tech] Mailman is sending out reminders frequently

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Mon Dec 10 21:45:48 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I apologize for the issue with mailman subscription notifications and
how long it took me to track it down. It turns out that they were
coming from the old chambana.net mailserver, which was taken offline
months ago. Over the weekend, the servers at the IMC were taken offline
in order to install a new powerstrip, and when they were brought back
up the old mailserver came up with them, and started sending what, from
its perspective, was backlogged mailman admin traffic. This was why I
had such difficulty pinning down how the new mailserver was sending it;
it was not sending it at all. Mailman and all other mail services on
that box have now been permanently disabled. Please let me know if you
continue to receive any backlogged notifications, though I doubt it
will happen.