[UCIMC-Tech] [RFU] Rfu site hacked

Stewart Dickson mathartspd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 17:31:01 UTC 2012

Yeah, the thing here is that WRFU/Chambana.net is served locally, at
our own grassroots Internet Service Provider, Chambana.net and not at
a centralized place, like Wordpress.
Thus, the daunting task is up to us to own our own web server.

This should not be too difficult.

There are plenty of people who came to the IMC-Tech meetups during the
summer and during Grassroots Radio Conference who know generally how
to do this.
The only missing link is knowing the specifics of the Chambana.net
servers.   Chris and Josh King and maybe Stuart Levy know some of
this.

We need an informal, but functional program of IMC-Tech shadowing,
when server tasks are performed, so that this knowledge can get
transferred out of the hands
and minds of a very few people.

-Stewart