[UCIMC-Tech] imc-tech meet-up sysadmins in training

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:22:04 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
Long overdue but following on our last meetings during the Grassroots Radio
Conference, I'm writing to invite you to join me for semi-regular Saturday
morning IMC-Tech/Chambana.net meet-ups, beginning this Saturday from
9-10:30am. This is a good time for me. If others have times you'd like to
throw out for a regular meeting, email or bring it with this Saturday.
We'll set a regular meetup time for the next few months at this first
meeting.

We've long had a tradition of excellent DIY web hosting at the IMC, and as
we've grown in the real world, our digital needs change as well. It's my
hope to get a semi-regular group of Chambana.net admins together regularly
in person, but also to spread the administration tasks to a broader group
of competent sysadmins.

We have the tools, we have the technology, now we need to build up the
collective. This Saturday, I'll provide an overview of Chambana.net servers
and services they run to get us started.

Hope to see you there!

Chris Ritzo