[UCIMC-Tech] Fwd: ANCHORS! We need your LEADERSHIP TOMORROW, FRIDAY at 11am EST FOR THE FCC VOTE on Prison Phones!

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:04:45 UTC 2013

Good morning All,

Some of you may recall that CUCPJ/IMC worked on a local jail phone contract
initiative back in 2004 that sought to stop the kick-backs being paid to
the county for an inmate to make contact with their loved ones when being
held in the county.  We were successful locally, however, I am happy to
share a remarkable National Campaign that aims at reducing phone rates
throughout the United States, being led by the Center for Media Justice and
our  National Affiliate, Media Action Grassroot Network (MagNet).  If you
are able to watch this historic moment, please follow the links included in
the message.  If you are willing to share the information through social
media, please help in that way.  Thank you for your continued support for
open access and justice.  In Solidarity, Carol A.