[UCIMC-Tech] UCIMC is Hiring! Venue & Media Training Coordinator and a Finance & Building Coordinator.

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Fri Aug 16 04:56:37 UTC 2013

<-- please forward widely --->

The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is hiring a Venue & Media
Training Coordinator and Finance & Building Coordinator to join our staff
collective. The collective reports to the board and supports and empowers
our volunteers and ensures the sustainability of our programs.

*The Venue & Media Training Coordinator *actively books and promotes
events, maintains communications infrastructure, and provides media
training and volunteer coordination. We are seeking someone with a
commitment to social justice, demonstrated experience in promotions and
event coordination, and the ability to teach and demystify technology. Read
the complete job description
here<http://www.ucimc.org/content/ucimc-hiring-venue-media-training-coordinator-and-finance-building-coordinator>
.
The Finance and Building Coordinator actively fills vacancies, handles
leases and venue contracts, organizes the finances and files, and manages
facilities needs. They direct a bookkeeper and maintenance personnel. We
are seeking someone with a commitment to social justice, strong customer
service and communication skills, with an attention to detail. Read the
complete job description
here<http://www.ucimc.org/content/ucimc-hiring-venue-media-training-coordinator-and-finance-building-coordinator>
.

The UC-IMC is a grassroots organization committed to using media, arts, and
technology to promote social and economic justice. We own the downtown
Urbana post office building where we operate a performance venue, art
gallery and studios, community radio station, media training facility,
public access computer center, and book/zine/costume library.

Our projects include WRFU, Makerspace Urbana, Books to Prisoners, public i
newspaper, ucimc.org, and a Computer Help Desk. The center is powered by
hundreds of volunteers who come together in a do-it-yourself spirit to
create media and art and transform our community.

Please send a cover letter and resume to imc.personnel at gmail.com. Questions
may also be directed to this address.

Read the complete job posting