[UCIMC-Tech] ucimc.org

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 18 00:09:07 UTC 2013

More below...

On 3/14/2013 6:24 PM, Chris Ritzo wrote:
> This story now has the image displaying properly.
>
> If there are others that are not, it may be necessary to edit the
> original post and reconnect the appropriate images using the file
> browser.
>
> One last soapbox on the tech site- if the IMC community really wants
> an archive of everything we've every done to be kept in perpetuity
> (which our current and past sites were never really meant for) then we
> do need a team to identify what the real needs are and likely write
> grants or fundraise to build something that is meant to do that. I'm
> thinking a community version of what the UI has with IDEALS. It'll
> take money and time and expertise.

Yeah, that's pretty what I was describing in my earlier reply. If we can
just get stuff identified, packaged and stored at a minimum, that would
be adequate to suit me. And hopefully fall within the minimal nature of
our resources.
> Sorry that the need to move websites around has caused problems. In my
> opinion it's better than where we were 2 months ago when the site was
> essentially unusable.
Well, I've not be saying anything, figuring we would be meeting to
discuss issues, so I have a few minor ones that can wait. One thing that
would be nice to figure sooner than later is if we can fix the filter
settings so people with site accounts aren't treated like riff-raff. My
experience with comments is that they get bouncing better than 50% of
the time, Don't know if that's the user experience we want to deliver,
but that's what it is.

No comments link, only 3 posts visible in each newswire, figuring out if
anonymous posting is possible, etc are lesser pressing concerns.
Mike Lehman