[UCIMC-Tech] listserv request mails bouncing

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 15 18:28:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

	I should be able to send commands to the Mailman lists via request-NAMEOFLIST at lists.chambana.net, yes?
A couple of years back, I had scripts that did this routinely on chamabana.net servers, and they worked fine.
   Today, tried the same address that used to work, and the address bounced:

<bikecoop-announce-request at lists.chambana.net>
   (reason: 550 5.1.1 <bikecoop-announce-request at lists.chambana.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table)

	Mail for another Bike Project mailing group also bounces...

> Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain lists.chambana.net by mail.chambana.net. [209.66.96.68].
>
> The error that the other server returned was:
> 550 5.1.1 <bikecoop-request at lists.chambana.net>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table

	Am I sending to the correct address, and the problem is that the addresses have to specifically set up, or is there some new Mailman request address scheme?

				Cheers,

				Barry
--
Barry Isralewitz
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign