[UCIMC-Tech] point MX records to Google mail servers?

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 10 16:32:54 UTC 2013

Hi Josh, Hi Chris,

	Thanks for working on this! We're almost there; the addresses I asked or are now in the MX records, but they all have "thebikeproject.org" tacked on to the end (see nslookup below). Maybe the problem is: in  the BIND zone file, the Google mail server addresses each need a trailing dot (".") at the end, for example
aspmx.l.google.com
-->
aspmx.l.google.com.

...to keep the local domain from being appended, so the current aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org changes to --> aspmx.l.google.com in the MX records.

	Here's nslookup output..
==============================
===> nslookup
> set q=mx
> thebikeproject.org.
Server:		130.126.2.131
Address:	130.126.2.131#53

Non-authoritative answer:
thebikeproject.org	mail exchanger = 5 alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org.
thebikeproject.org	mail exchanger = 5 alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org.
thebikeproject.org	mail exchanger = 1 aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org.
thebikeproject.org	mail exchanger = 10 aspmx3.googlemail.com.thebikeproject.org.
thebikeproject.org	mail exchanger = 10 aspmx2.googlemail.com.thebikeproject.org.

thebikeproject.org	nameserver = ns2.chambana.net.
thebikeproject.org	nameserver = ns.chambana.net.
thebikeproject.org	nameserver = ns3.chambana.net.
aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org	internet address = 209.66.96.72
alt1.aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org	internet address = 209.66.96.72
alt2.aspmx.l.google.com.thebikeproject.org	internet address = 209.66.96.72
aspmx2.googlemail.com.thebikeproject.org	internet address = 209.66.96.72
aspmx3.googlemail.com.thebikeproject.org	internet address = 209.66.96.72
ns.chambana.net	internet address = 64.89.16.20
ns2.chambana.net	internet address = 192.80.111.168
ns3.chambana.net	internet address = 209.66.96.66

	Cheers,

	Barry

--
Barry Isralewitz