[UCIMC-Tech] set up email for Kate

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Sun Sep 15 14:56:58 UTC 2013

Hi *Barry*, How is setting up new emails going?  Virgol and Katie start
Monday and need emails ASAP. They want kfizdale at ucimc.org and
w.virgol at ucimc.org.  I found documentation Chris left for setting up emails
but it involves LDAP which I thought we had abandoned. If you want me to
send it to you, I can. I am ccing imc-tech on this also.

*Katie and Virgol *- I recommend you have your ucimc email forward to a
gmail (or other) account so you get spam filtering and a nice interface.
Without this, you mail will be viewable through squirrelmail (i think) and
not that easy to use. I suggest you set up new gmail accounts for this.
Barry will need the address of the email accounts you want your
ucimc.orgemails to forward to. If you use gmail, I know you can set it
up so that
you can send from a ucimc.org address (which is more professional and
preferred). I suggest you use you ucimc.org address to sign up for IMC
listservs.  I can help you with any of this.

thanks!
Danielle