[IMC-US-tech] Re: [IMC-US] Site Design

ski at indymedia.org ski at indymedia.org
Thu Oct 2 08:28:29 CDT 2003

> Does anyone know specifically how dada restricts the design?
>
> Check out the list of dada sites http://dadaimc.org/.

I wouldn't say it restricts the design. I would say it makes it ugly by
default. The list of IMCs using dada on their website is really out of
date. A couple of dada sites that I think look good are:
  http://dc.indymedia.org/
  http://sonora.indymedia.org/

Dada also has a lot of features that SF-active doesn't - md5sum'ing of
passwords, media uploads, etc. etc. However on the negative side is dada's
ugly-by-default-ness and the fact that it hits the DB really hard.

I see what you mean about the "blockiness", but this is something we can
avoid with a little CSS hacking.

SF-Active, Mir, and Dada are all acceptable solutions to me. I just happen
to prefer dada...

Peace,
Brian Szymanski
ski at indymedia.org