[IMC-US-tech] Banner gifs plus site notes

dan scott danscott at rumpus.rackhost.net
Mon Oct 20 15:53:17 CDT 2003

Sup yall,

I like the way the sites coming along. I like the black nav bar across the
entire site. Below is a link to a banner that goes better with the changes.
Its in two peaces so that it can expand with the site. Plus I got rid of the
search on the left.
http://rumpus.rackhost.net/usimc/usimc_text.html

Some quick points on ideas that ana and I had while working on this.

1. The publish your media link on the right would link to a page of all
local imcs with an explanation of open publishing ect. This would direct
traffic back to local sites and theoretically increase local participation.

2. Photo essays. The default for dada appears to be an unsorted media
gallery with ways to filter by category. We were thinking that for the us
site that the photo essay module should be on the front page. This would
tell a story with pictures, and not just be a random assortment of unrelated
photos. The picture book app. Is pretty cool
http://baltimore.indymedia.org/pbook/index.php

3. lets push things forward--
-the little arrows on the right would allow for scrolling.
Orbitz.com has an example of what this might look like.
Do we have anyone on board who could implement this, and do people like the
idea?

http://www.orbitz.com/App/GetDealsDetailsContent?deal_id=air_dl_hawaii_10150
3&source=hp&type=l&OrbitzAprilProduction=P5RJ2daAMAcK2O5z7LQgFlHUTSBgt9pf7Ra
oIfFtDE1jmXEP6Jnp%7C-2690949795584102575/171067092/6/7001/7001/7002/7002/700
1/-1&cache=1066682873327&requestId=37

Later
Dan