[IMC-US-tech] RE: [IMC-US] Re: Acorn Active Media Worker Collective Offer: (Sascha Meinrath)

max max at michiganimc.org
Mon Jan 5 10:05:49 CST 2004

to Brian, d.o, and all,

we are talking about:
1. something like the little box that exists on all dadaIMC pages that
says "this page made manifest by dadaIMC."
2. one article when the site goes live.

It's extremely frustrating for me to hear non-constructive criticisms
against the only current idea that could move us forward.  There has
been literally no discussion or creative suggestions for over three
months, despite several people's repeated attempts to get this project
moving again after a fairly productive summer.  There has been an
ongoing outreach effort within the IMC network.  There has been a
consistent attempt to find people willing to do the tech work necessary
to get the site running.  No one has volunteered so far.  Working with
the Acorn Media group is of course far from a perfect solution, and
perhaps we need to do a little bit of negotiating to make everyone as
happy as possible, but at this point it's the only option available to
us to get the site running.

I know we shouldn't sacrifice our ethics to get a website up a little
bit faster; I personally don't think that Acorn Media's terms are
forcing us to do that.  If you do, though, could you please 1) clarify
whether you are blocking this proposal (which was consensed on in the
tech working group), or if you want more time to discuss, or what; and
2) offer a compromise, an alternative, another idea, a tech genius
friend, or anything.

I apologize in advance in my tone seems harsh. overall it just seems
ridiculous that we haven't been able to get it together in one way or
another to get the site live already.

in solidarity,

max