[IMC-US-tech] Re: [IMC-US] Acorn Active Media Worker Collective Offer:

Ben Chodoroff bc at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jan 5 13:11:11 CST 2004

hmm...

to all the techs on this list, whether you're pro- or anti-acorn:

let's set up a wiki or a rt or something outlining exactly what we want
to accomplish, tech-wise, before anything else.

two major things, to start us off:

a system for easy aggregation of state/city articles to the us site
 -this would involve either grabbing the article through an rdf feed
  or some other automated method, done through the dada editor interface
 -there's already a newsfeeder thing inside the newer dada releases, so
  that makes it a little easier.  i think we'll want to build a new
  module though.

a new design/automated layout in /home
 -one major story, with a few smaller stories underneath it with reduced
  image sizes and shortened summaries
 -this should be automated, meaning there have to be new smaller thumbs
  created for the mini-features, and the layout and ordering should be
  changable through the editor interface
 -i'm not sure how to tackle this yet...

-ben

--