[IMC-US-tech] RE: [IMC-US] Re: Acorn Active Media Worker Collective Offer: (Sascha Meinrath)

max at michiganimc.org max at michiganimc.org
Mon Jan 5 17:56:04 CST 2004

After reading posts here and being in IRC, I do have some more concerns
about this proposal than I did before.  Kris' d.o.'s and josh's concerns
all resonate with me. In IRC there was some brutal ripping of Indymedia in
the US that ended up turning into an interesting discussion.  Many people
outside of this country were fairly flabbergasted that we were even
considering offering a "free ad" for a "for-profit" company.  I put those
terms in quotes cause I don't necessarily agree with those interpretations
exactly, but after talking to some people I can understand that side of
the story enough to feel that we shouldn't rush in to accepting this
proposal.

I'm glad that something this controversial came up because it seems to
have sparked some real discussion and hopefully movement on this project.

For what it's worth the best ideas (IMO) that I've heard so far are josh's
"reworded" proposal, and d.o.'s suggestion that the people involved in
Acorn and Indymedia just do the necessary work as Indymedia, like everyone
else.

I will be away from email for a few days starting tomorrow.

max