[IMC-US-tech] Re: next steps

joe joe at sl4g.com
Thu Jan 29 19:14:31 CST 2004

> some options for what kinds of sidebars/syndication we can have--
> -Local sites' features compiled by date, put into sidebar like on the
> global site
> -Open newswire for US site
> -US editors choose which local features to put in sidebar
> -US editors choose which local newswire stories to put in sidebar
>
> The bigger syndication work will be figuring out a way to easily promote
> local features to the US features column--I'm not even sure if this is
> worth it... I'd like to work on the local sites' features compiled into
> a sidebar thing first...
>
> -ben

Here's the simplest solution I can think of:
- rig up some way to automatically fill the newswire from the local IMC
feeds
- US-IMC editors use the normal admin tool to promote selected articles
to the features column

The newswire could take up the whole right side of the screen, or it
could be one half and open publishing could be the second half.

This way, all that need be done is getting the feeds into the newswire
somehow.

What do y'all think?

- Joe