[IMC-US-tech] Re: next steps

Ben Chodoroff bc at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 29 10:48:05 CST 2004

* joe (joe at sl4g.com) wrote:
> Fair enough. Any suggestions for how syndication on the newswire is to
> work? Is this an automatic combination of local IMC newswires? Does
> someone have to select items from the newswires? Does that mean no open
> publishing for the US IMC, or does it mean that the site's 'local'
> newswire will be direct open publishing, and the 'other' newswire will be
> syndication from other IMC newswires?

some options for what kinds of sidebars/syndication we can have--
-Local sites' features compiled by date, put into sidebar like on the
global site
-Open newswire for US site
-US editors choose which local features to put in sidebar
-US editors choose which local newswire stories to put in sidebar

The bigger syndication work will be figuring out a way to easily promote
local features to the US features column--I'm not even sure if this is
worth it... I'd like to work on the local sites' features compiled into
a sidebar thing first...

-ben

--
http://michiganimc.org/ :: Michigan Indymedia Center