[IMC-US-tech] syndication:

Ben Chodoroff bc at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue May 4 14:56:07 CDT 2004

> i'd done most of the work getting everything we'd need together to do
> syndication.  what we need now is someone to implement the scripts that
> kellan created for global syndication (probably someone who's at least
> familiar with perl).  should be fairly straightforward for an experienced
> techie.
>
> would one of the folks on this list like to do this?  i will work with you
> to get everything implemented -- just send me an e-mail if you're
> interested.  we are 90% of the way there.

the scripts you're referring to are the imc_agg scripts i think?
http://laughingmeme.org/imc_agg/

i think the best option for doing this would be to strip down the
scripts, get rid of the templating stuff, and make them insert news
entries into the dada site's mysql db, as normal articles (or features,
or something)

i'm not sure how much time i have this summer... my courier schedule is
unclear at best, and i have to work around that.

SOOOO!!!! imc-us would be the coolest thing ever for coverage of the
DNC/RNC

hoo-wah, let's get excited! rah rah!

-ben
--