[IMC-US-tech] syndication:

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed May 5 11:57:28 CDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Ben Chodoroff wrote:

> > i'd done most of the work getting everything we'd need together to do
> > syndication.  what we need now is someone to implement the scripts that
> > kellan created for global syndication (probably someone who's at least
> > familiar with perl).  should be fairly straightforward for an experienced
> > techie.
> >
> > would one of the folks on this list like to do this?  i will work with you
> > to get everything implemented -- just send me an e-mail if you're
> > interested.  we are 90% of the way there.
>
> the scripts you're referring to are the imc_agg scripts i think?
> http://laughingmeme.org/imc_agg/

if we use MagpieRSS that kellan's been developing:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/magpierss/

we'd just need a techie to spend a couple hours implementing the
aggregation feature.

i set up a test magpie install at:

http://www.saschameinrath.com/misc/magpie/

with the test feed at:

http://www.saschameinrath.com/misc/magpie/test.php

so folks can see the first step.

ben, if you can work on the aggregation script, then all we'd need is
someone to go through all the US-based IMCs and get their feature
syndication feed URLs.

would someone be willing to do track down all the feature URLS -- all
dada-based sites are http://[cityname].indymedia.org/features.1-0.rdf

shouldn't be more than an few minutes' work to get all the canonical URL
list together.

let me know,

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & President      *      Project Manager