[IMC-US-tech] Re: [IMC-US] syndication, us-imc, and you

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon May 10 12:20:19 CDT 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, bht wrote:

> Okay.  If the only thing is syndication, then the site should work for all
> other plausible reasons and can be currently promoted?  Becasue if that is
> the case I will begin to promote it on portland.indy.

because the site is still in alpha testing, i wouldn't actively promote it
yet.  we still have a bunch of bugs to work out before the site starts
having a wider viewership.

> Also, I read through most of the archives and was fuming last night.  I
> dont feel very close to this project after learning of where it comes
> from, however I still do think that it is something that is useful.

the site grew out of a caucus at last year's Allied Media Conference where
dozens of IMC-istas came together to form the core group that would build
the IMC-US.  it would be great to have the site up and running before
_this_ year's AMC on June 18-20th.  i've already put in an proposal for a
second AMC Indymedia caucus -- so for anyone who's going to be there,
definitely check the conference schedule.

> I would also like to know (if there is some estimate or definate number)
> hhow many local imcs are represented here.  Also, portland.indy is a
> not-for-profit volunteer run and managed website.  Does us-imc align with
> that?
> bht
> portland

all IMCs are not-for-profit with volunteer run and managed websites.  the
IMC-US would be the same.

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Project Manager & President      *      Project Manager