[IMC-US-Tech] Preview Error and Questions

john duda john at manifestor.org
Sun Oct 17 19:30:58 CDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:30:15AM -0700, bradley at riseup.net wrote:
> I got this preview error when trying to preview a feature article:
>
> "2004-10-16 17:13 -- mir.generator.GeneratorExc:
> CompositeGeneratorLibrary: library 'preview' not found"
>

> There are a few things going on......
>
> 1) How do we promote a local syndicated feature now?
> There was a simple button before, but this time I used the drop down
> toggle cuz i did not see the button.

it's back now.

> When that box was there, articles woould then end up in the "Promoted
> Local Feature" section, but that is not the case right now with the
> Jacksonville feature article. Instead, the article is displayed under:
> "Feature"

i want to keep the newswire and the local features separable after
promotion to the center column....so:

newswire articles, when promoted, become features
local features become promoted local features

and both features and promoted local features show up in the center column

> 4) How do we add an image to articles in the center column? I've done it
> before, and it worked fine, but it is not working for me now.
>
> I'm try to post this image:
> http://rogueimc.org/images/2004/10/3335.jpg
>
> On this feature article:
> Peaceful Bush Protesters Shot and Gassed in Jacksonville

you need to make sure to check the "published" box on images as well
as articles.