[IMC-US-Tech] syndication

john duda john at manifestor.org
Mon Oct 18 10:36:03 CDT 2004

some other tips:

if a site produces both long and short feeds, both should be listed in
the contact db.  there is an option for marking a feed as having a
certain level of content, the aggregator will automatically pick the
richest one.

for sf-active sites, you can go to /syn/,
e.g. http://cleveland.indymedia.org/syn/
to get a list of feeds, which are turned on by default.
the main feature feeds are usually under "production"

also point out that having a working feed which is listed in the
contact db will not only enable syndication to indymedia.us, but also
to www.indy itself.

john