[Imc-web-editor] Re: [UCIMC-Tech] Houston, We Have a Problem

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Wed Feb 25 09:33:46 CST 2009

I'm on it. Can you provide a link(s) to articles that were hidden and
are no longer? It's difficult for me to get a birds-eye view of content
on the site over time, since I'm usually looking at it with an eye
towards technical issues rather then the actual stories. Have you
checked to see if the articles or comments in question have ended up in
the spam filter? I'm concerned that the spam filter's algorithm might be
over-zealous in marking things as spam, and it would probably good if
the editors get in the habit of checking it for things that don't look
like spam and either re-publishing or hiding them. It has a bayesian
spam filter that's supposed to learn, so if we mark articles to tune it,
it'll become less of a big deal over time. But as it is, I'm considering
disabling it.