[Imc-web] Rethreading of Stories

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 14 11:16:36 CST 2002

We seem to be the target of those displaceed by global IMC's decision to
clean-up some of the worst excesses of anti-Semitic content. Overnight,
we had a couple of the tyupical thinnly disguised racist stories posted
here that you see clogging the global Newswire.

These are stories #8579 (posted by "Joe") and #8581 (posted by "Joseph
Anderson"). I attempted to rethread #8581 as a comment to #8579, but it
looks like that feature is still broken on Dada. So I manually moved
#8581 under #8579 as new comment #8582.

This brings up another strange problem that Dada has been having.
Stories have been posted that go automatically to Preview, without the
Preview screen actually coming up. This may be related to the problem of
multiple copies of storeis that appear to be stuck in Preview, but which
actually show (for instance, the 8 copies of the comment made by Jason
the other night which show as not displaying on the Articles editor
screen, but which ARE showing and which can NOT be hidden.)

I sure hope the new update of Dada fixes some of this, especially since
we seem to looking at a new flood of racist material. This problems have
been accumulating to the point where it is increasingly difficult to
edit. This will be extremely frustrating for new editors (and is getting
irritating for us oldtimers.)