[Imc-web] suitable feature?

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Feb 3 10:11:31 CST 2003

I would argue that our current process works exceedingly well -- yes we
occasionally disagree, but I don't think anything's broken.  I also don't
want us to formalize a certain set of parameters for what constitutes a
feature.  I see this akin to the problem that the Public i faced -- they
formalized what made for "good content" in their paper, alienated many of
their contributors, and were revitalized only when they returned to a
pluralistic view of how to accept materials and operate.  If I or any
other editor were monopolizing the feature section, that would be one
thing, but we have all coexisted quite well, with a diversity of articles
and features -- and it's never proven a problem.

One suggestion I do have is that we might want to increase the default
number of features and local news stories that dada allows -- we certainly
have the space at the bottom of the page.

--Sascha