[Imc-web] suitable feature?

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 3 09:47:20 CST 2003

I do think critiques can be relevant features, but Joe's story was not a
fully formed critique. It's fine as a post, but as a feature it has to
carry more weight.  Yes, it did spark debate, which I won't dismiss.
Were it a more studied post -- referencing actual posts and critiquing
them more substantively and explicitly, then I'd also likely be more
convinced. But this post was more of a "Look out! Bullshit!" with
nothing more.

My point is that our internal debate leads me to think we need to
discuss more thoroughly in the web group what constitutes a feature.
 Secondly, we should discuss our method of letting someone make a
feature without any other notice to or approval from the group.

--Paul