[Imc-web] suitable feature?

JASON MIEREK jmierek at msn.com
Tue Feb 4 19:23:29 CST 2003

I have to agree with Sascha on this one.  In my three months of using the
website and particpating in web meetings, I have seen an issue this
contentious arise only once---this time.  It would seem to me then that
there does not need to be a formalized policy on the issue of what consists
of a feature---we may all simply have to accept a bit of diagreement in what
comprises features and agree to disagree.

As a dj for and member of Berkeley Liberation Radio, I often watched simple
policy or content disagreements crystallize into damn-near authoritarian,
formalized solutions (complete with obligatory name calling---"agent
provacateur" and the like) that alienated entire segments of the progressive
community and seemed to echo the restricted nature of communications and
media at large.

Don't want to see that here.

Jason