[Imc-web] Re: An opportunity for the UCIMC web site?

Clint Popetz cpopetz at cpopetz.com
Fri Jan 3 11:12:13 CST 2003

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:05:58AM -0600, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> I'm all for it -- but I would say that instead of setting up a new IMC
> page, we should somehow integrate it into our existing page.  Perhaps is
> we revamped the calendar to make it more user friendly we could just have
> a prominant link from our homepage?
>
> What do folks think?

Having a prominent link from our homepage would be good, but I think
the end of that link should be a separate site with its own domain(*).
As to whether it's based on dada or calendaring software, that's
something that needs discussion.

			-Clint

(*) There is little difference between a "separate site" and just a
page within the IMC site, as both are hosted on groogroo and would be
reachable either by direct URL or by following the link from the IMC
home page.   There _is_ a different between either of those and the
possibility of integrating the arts content onto the IMC homepage, but
I think that is not a possibility, given the space concerns and
clutter level already present.