[Imc-web] Announcements in dada

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 14 18:42:26 CST 2003

I would vote for right under the UC IMC logo in the upper left corner.
That way local news still stays near the top on the right. I've seen
some IMCs who put announcements on top of the newswire (Ithaca comes to
mind) but I don't like the way that looks.

How many slots is another issue. Maybe a max of five to seven?

Another thing that has been discussed, but maybe not at a meeting yet,
is how to integrate such things as the Public i and the new radio page,
plus maybe such other things as Newswpoetry in the future. One idea is
to put buttons for each of these, but have the top story on those
separate pages pulled and put right below the button so that people will
be encouraged to visit them when they see it changeon the IMC mainpage.

This all sounds rather complicated to me (but perhaps desirable) so I
can imagine it would be a nightmare to program. But I thought I'd bring
it up, since it sounds similar to what you're proposing and maybe
there's a way to integrate multiple new additions such as you will do
with announcements.

Mike Lehman