[Imc-web] Persistent Problem Spammer

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 22:17:54 CST 2003

I have, once again, moved one of Jon Chance's pieces of spam from the
Local to the Elsewhere Newswire.
<http://www.ucimc.org/newswire/display/9951/index.php>
He has been warned repeatedly about this and chosen to simply ignore
reasonable requests to post his spam only on the Elsewhere Newswire.

I will propose at this week's Web group meeting that any future posts by
him to the Local Newswire (unless by some remote chance they are
actually qualified to be there) be hidden, instead of simply moved. Then
it would have to be approved by Steering, unless this is within the
discretion of Web to do (it is specifically NOT a total ban, at this
time.) Any posts that he places originally on the Elsewhere Newswire
would be unaffected, unless they violate other parts of our website use
polices (which he has done in other cases, i.e. advertising.) He has had
ample warning (multiple times dating back to when the wires were first
split). It is time for other measures in the case of this persistent IMC
network spammer.