[Imc] Re: [Imc-web] Jack Ryan 19 May

SugarPie Press melodye at ameritech.net
Mon May 19 13:18:29 CDT 2003

You make a good point, Mike.  Especially if this, Jack, character has proven his sole purpose for inclusion in our open forum is to taunt and abuse the principles of "freedom of speech and opinion" in lei of using our public megaphone to express concerns and(or) views in clear, concise, and communicative form void of rampant, rabid-type jargon that instead of being controversial has become blatantly offensive.

I agree that there are times when lines must be defined.  Unfortunately, people like this obvious Jack-ass force those of us who believe in the value of having an objective vehicle to express ourselves, such as IMC, to make such subjective decisions regarding what is "Freedom of Speech?" and the principles that we fight for to maintain same.

I'd say--restrict him from the list and let him know that the decision reflects the views of IMC.  This way he has to get his nuts off by using another form of communication.  That said, keep in mind when someone with such extreme motives has their source capped---they sometimes find other ways to get their message heard (ala, more aggressive tactics that may require IMC to up its security for safety factors)  Now, instead of simply monitoring emails and giving this Jack-off a cloistered environment to mentally masturbate, you have now castrated the open-door ambiance of what IMC is all about.

Tough decision.  Damned if you do.  Damed if you don't.  Regardless, the way you have described this man in the detail I read---he appears to be a ticking bomb and we are saddled with---is it a decoy to dismiss---or a reality to reckon with.