[Imc-web] Re: Imc-web digest, Vol 1 #177 - 4 msgs

Alesia Strawn amstrawn at shout.net
Thu Nov 20 08:07:47 CST 2003

Mike,

> > Based on our past experiences with abuse of the website and the fact
> > that we already make space available on the Newswire for open/anonymous
> > posting, I would be inclined to limit this resource to only those who go
> > to the trouble of creating an account and/or are IMC members. My primary
> > concern is that someone could find this an easy mark for that ubiquitous
> > internet sludge, porn.
> >
> > Other than that, a great idea for a new resource.

If you're interested in defining a policy for the photo publishing
resource, css Zen Garden at: http://www.csszengarden.com/ has a couple of
paragraphs at the bottom of the page under "Requirements" that came to mind
as a possible guide for creating a policy as I've been following this
discussion.  It addresses both content and artwork ownership questions that
could arise from offering this resource, although answers would be
site-specific.

There are probably a lot of examples out there to draw from.

Alesia