[Imc-web] Policy on Announcements in Features

Brian Hagy bhagy at urbana.indymedia.org
Sat Oct 18 21:59:13 CDT 2003

as i rise from the dead.....

i agree with Mike's thinking on this.  especially with the framework that
the Features section connects to the global IMC (and perhaps the US IMC).
an announcement about a local event doesn't seem to carry the same
interest for the global IMC site as a local report, for example.

i know we've struggled with announcements in the past.  we even have the
web calendar which is supposed to be a source for announcements.  i've
wondered if there could be a small area on the front page specifically for
announcements, which could then link to the calendar or articles
concerning further details.  dunno if that's the right direction either.
definitely worth brainstorming.

and howdy from the dead side of the world.  from the phantom to the street
theater festival to now the Crucible out in Tuscola, i've barely had a
moment to do anything other than theater.  sigh.  i miss all the folks
there, and it's truly wonderful to know things still are alive, so when i
return to being alive IMC wise, i'll be amongst warm company.  heh heh.

peace
brian