[Imc-web] Just Wondering

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 15 14:02:45 CST 2004

I'm curious why this is a feature:
http://www.ucimc.org/feature/display/22610/index.php

I've got nothing against "great, consensual sex" but this doesn't seem
like anything more than an ordinary announcement of something that may
or may not take place. Generally, I think we've tried to do features
that have some significant news content, especially if they are mostly
an announcement (which is why the anti-war benefit for Shawna Morrison
made the cut, for instance).

Less important, but of some consideration is that it seems to have
limited syndiaction potential via US IMC, since it is both very local
and has little to no news content.

Of course, maybe there is something about this that isn't apparent from
merely a reading of the article. Maybe it just needs some editing to
make it more feature-worthy?

And, on a more opinionated note, I think the issue of what to do about
non-consensual sexual advances should at least be considered or it
should be mentioned why it isn't in something lke this. That's where we
seem to have the majority of issues 'round here, anyway.