[Imc-web] Non-Local (But Approriate) Feature

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 15 20:49:14 CST 2004

I want to make an otherwise non-local story into a feature. Here's a
link to the background:
http://ufenet.org/0115/

This is something that is getting little notice, but is very
significant. Here's some reasons I am making it a feature:

It is a story about the usually undiscussed-these-days results of
continuing racism in our society.
It's MLK Day weekend, but AFAIK, we have no local story planned.
It'll get picked up by Global IMC and, with the lack of a Global
Newswire, this is an approriate venue for it.

If anyone has any objections, I will move it back to Elsewhere, but I
hope my take on this story is shared by others.